You have no items in your shopping cart.
How to Make An Ostrich Feather Centerpiece
- Ostrich feathers 2 dozens
- Eiffel tower vase 1 piece
- Floral foam bouquet holder 1 piece
- Floral light 1 piece (Optional)
- Make your feather centerpieces one or two days before the event so the feathers have time to relax and get the proper shape.
- From outside the vase, measure the floral light to get the positions you would like it to hang. Tie the string to the handle of the bouquet holder under the head.
- Place the foam bouquet holder along with the floral lights inside the vase on top of the vase. The handle will keep the bouquet holder upright and secure.
- We will create a 4-layer ostrich feather centerpiece.
- Start at about a 45-degree angle downward so the feathers are slightly pointing down. Push feathers into the floral foam of the bouquet holder at the base or bottom of the floral foam. Keep going around in a ring leaving a little space between each feather.
- Move to the middle of the floral foam to create the next row. In this row, push them in a little straighter at about zero-degree angle. Place the second layer of feathers so they are above the first row but sit in between the stems of the bottom layer. This will help fill in holes.
- Move to the upper of the floral foam to create the third row. In this row, push them in a little upward at about 45-degree angle upward. Place the third layer of feathers so they are above the second row but sit in between the stems of the bottom layer. This will help fill in holes.
- Place the top layer of feathers sticking out and up to give your centerpiece some height. This usually requires 1-3 feathers.
- Now step back and adjust the feathers to cover all the spaces.
- On the day of the event, lift the bouquet holder out of the vase and turn on the light in the vase.